Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Opening Day!

I'm not too into baseball. I mean, raised by a father who wants a solo bugle rendition of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" played at his funeral. My beloved Cards mashed the Phils. I still think any season where Edmonds, Pujols, and Rolen play 125 games each and are healthy for the postseason will break all records for offensive production. We'll see. Actually, I'd take a wild card and all three healthy for the postseason.

It'll be interesting to see whether Pujols can go 16-44 (.363) and get his 1000th hit in 3000 at bats. If he stays healthy he should be at about 1200 hits, 240 HR, 750 R, 750 RBI. Which would put him right at his AVERAGE. The man's a machine. He's been good for 190+H/40HR/125R/120RBI every year since he got to the league! Heh. Only 20 more seasons like that and he'll be closing in on Pete Rose for hits. Gotta have a couple of 45+ HR years to get his name near the top of that list. We'll see. And don't even get me started on his lifetime OPS and the fact that he's +10 BB/SO in the average year.

Gotta love opening day stats: Pujols AVG 1.000, OPS 4.800, 2 AB, 3R, 4RBI, 2BB